ProCure21+ key features
ProCure21+ builds on the experience gained from the previous ProCure21 framework. A number of key features have been identified, including:
- Tested. A proven high quality procurement route, supported by the Department of Health, Cabinet Office, NAO, HM Treasury and professional bodies such as HEFMA and IHEEM.
- Flexible. ProCure21+ is available for use by Joint Ventures between NHS Clients and others. ProCure21+ is a procurement route rather than a funding route, offering more flexibility for Clients with available funds.
- Educated. All new NHS Clients and supply chain staff taking part in their first ProCure21+ scheme will receive training to help them implement the scheme effectively. Each scheme will have a start-up workshop provided by the PSCP.
- Standardised. ProCure21+ offers NHS Clients a range of standardised room designs and components that can be incorporated free of charge. They were developed with the NHS for the NHS.
- Assured. ProCure21+ applies assurance and performance management procedures that enhance transparency, accountability and assists scheme management.
- Accountable. Each ProCure21+ PSCP has nominated a board member accountable for the successful delivery of all their schemes.
- Committed. ProCure21+ requires a commitment from the NHS Client to the NHS Client Charter, ensuring they apply good project management practice and the ProCure21+ procedures, and provide feedback to the Department of Health.
- Integrated. ProCure21+ has a single transparent joint risk management process mandated on all schemes. Feedback from schemes will be shared across the framework.
- Reviewed. Each ProCure21+ scheme is required to carry out post- project evaluation encouraging lessons and best practice to be captured, shared and integrated into subsequent schemes.
- Recycled. ProCure21+ operates a Royalty Free License enabling NHS Clients to share their design and other information with other NHS Clients to use free of charge.
- Transparent. ProCure21+ further enhances the level of transparency between Clients and suppliers by sharing information across schemes and supply chains.
- Collaborative. ProCure21+ uses the NEC3 Option C contract to facilitate a collaborative relationship.
- Innovative. ProCure21+ supports the delivery of sustainable developments, use of local labour, skills transfer into local communities and the use of ‘green’ technologies.
- Adaptable. ProCure21+ offers a Small Works template that is ideal for programmes of maintenance, refurbishments and other Small Works packages where each task does not exceed £1m.
- Evaluated. ProCure21+ will offer NHS Clients the chance to measure value gained against initial criteria.
- Recoverable. ProCure21+ will continue to offer a VAT service, saving NHS Client VAT recovery consultancy fees. PSCP organisation structures are compliant to ensure maximum VAT recovery, whilst ensuring compliance with HMRC rules.
- BIM’d. ProCure21+ provides bespoked template information of the use of BIM on schemes. These were developed and simplified by experts specifically for the ProCure21+ framework.